START OF FABRICATION OF CBS GAS DISCHARGE PIPELINES FOR KHMELNYTSKYI NPPyurikartyuh
By an order from UTEM-Engineering LLC, the Company has proceeded to fabrication of pipe spools for the Containment Building System (CBS) gas discharge pipeline for the Khmelnytskyi NPP.
Under the order, the Company is making pipe supports and pipe spools for the NPP safety-critical system of maximum factory readiness, which assures high quality of weld joints and reduces the quantity of assembly and welding work at the site by 63%.
Pipe spools and pipe supports for Units 1 and 2 will be made of carbon and stainless steel and weigh 11.92 tons in aggregate.
For carbon steel pipe spools will be applied automated and manual argon arc welding. Pipe sizes are DN 10 to 400 mm. Certified electric welders and multifunctional automatic welding system ML2010 (WSB-21P) will be engaged.
For pipe supports will be applied mechanised (semi-automatic) welding of carbon and stainless steel. Product thickness ranges from 3 to 20 mm.
- on-receipt inspection of basic and auxiliary materials;
- shot-cleaning of carbon steel using equipment by PAVALEX, Czech Republic;
- cutting pipe billets using equipment by MEBA, Germany;
- edge machining using equipment by COPIER, the Netherlands;
- assembling and welding pipe spools using equipment by REDDOT, China and ESAB, Sweden;
- product and welding quality control.
Quality control will be carried out as follows:
- spectral analysis of chemical composition;
- visual and dimensional inspection;
- penetrant tests;
- ultrasonic inspection;
- radiographic inspection.
Customer: UTEM-Engineering LLC.